Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I limit when to get such updates, as it comes as a second email after the email notificatin

Vera Valshonok November 20, 2023

Hi all!

I would appreciate help for such an issue I've met: 

as a  jira admin, I've set a notification email to a reporter to update about the fact that ticket was rejected by project manager. 

I get the email I've set by the automation, but afterwards, I also get such an email (please see below). This comes automatically from Jira. How can I limit receiving such messages as below? Do I get them only cause i am a Jira admin or any any ticket reporter get almost message twice?

Screenshot 2023-11-20 172449.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2023

@Vera Valshonok 

The example email notification is coming from the project's customer notification setting.  In addition, I am assuming that when an issue is rejected by the PM, the issue is considered as resolved (resolution is populated).

You should take a look at the configuration for this event via Project Settings >> Customer Notifications for the specific event to ensure that you or your role are not listed as the "To" section of the event.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Vera Valshonok November 21, 2023

Thanks, I'm am more worried that the customer or someone who's not me will be getting such a (duplicating basically) email notifications

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events