Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I identify which user account has the JIRA Cloud Admin permissions?

Tim_Bailey September 28, 2020

Using JIRA Cloud with about 60 users. JIRA Cloud was commissioned 18 months to 2 years ago. Several of the original team have left and I am now, as a Site and Organisation Admin, trying to install a third-party application. 

When trying to do this I am seeing messages stating I need the Cloud Admin role to do this. How do I find out which of the old accounts has that role associated with it (I have access to the domain email addresses, so can reactivate a dormant account and change the password to access it, if needs be). 

I have used my Site and Organisation Admin privileges to look at the roles associated with the old accounts, but I don't seem to be able to find any helpful information this way. All help appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

@Tim_Bailey I would request to check the below link, this might help you to find in correct way,

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/how-do-jira-permissions-work/

Hi Fahad

Thanks for responding. I am looking for a level of permissions above those described in the document. This is the error message I get, so I need to find who has Atlassian Cloud administrator permissions to make progress. 

Access denied

You do not have the correct permissions to view the page: App requests

Please request access from your Atlassian Cloud administrator.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

@Tim_Bailey what role you have as of now in Jira? 

Hi Fahad,

I have these permissions.

• administrators
  • confluence-users
  • jira-administrators
  • jira-software-users
  • <compnay name>
  • restricted to <company name>
  • site-admins

The two company name roles are to do with access to client projects only. It is quite complicated how JIRA is set up as there are a mix of old style and new style projects...

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2020

@Tim_Bailey check the 

• administrators role and members added in it. 

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui 

I have checked the Admin role and I am one of three users in that group. I don't think the problem is there...

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2020

@Tim_Bailey 

You do not have the rights to access the  App requests

Go to Jira settings  --> Security --> Global permission and check whether you are a part of the group which is added to App requests access global permission.

If still you are having issue after the above checking this its related to license

Tim_Bailey September 29, 2020

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui 

I can not find a pathway that looks like ... --> Security --> Global permissions. Could you add the path of the page I should end up on please. 

We have Standard licenses for Jira Cloud. I see no mention of whether that allows the management third-party of third party apps. However, we do seem to have BitBucket and Trello associated with the account, so I think we have been able ot manage apps in the past.

Thanks again for your help here. 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Tim_Bailey 

under JIRA ADMINISTRATION gear icon Click on system- Security --> Global permissions

Hmmmm. I have followed your instructions correctly, this is what I see.

JIRA.jpg

And @Fahad Siddiqui the User Management options/menu are these - none of which seem helpful.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 09.59.58.pngScreenshot 2020-09-29 at 09.59.44.png

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Tim_Bailey 

please check the below

Policy Center Practice - Defects for JIRA 2.0 - Parasoft DTP 5.3.3 -  Parasoft Documentation

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui 

That looks like an older version fo the JIRA interface and not one I have seen on this system, maybe since I have been using it. Just to be clear, we are on JIRA Cloud and using the new interface. I think this is why I can not find the right page...

I have also just noticed that if I look at the Groups page, where the groups are classified with 'Access to Product' and 'Product Administration' none of them has 'Product Administration' I think that is the underlying issue...

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Hello,

You can granted yourself with the jira-administrator role.

If you want to see wich account have this role go to administration > user management > group and look for jira-administrator group

Hi Mohamed

Thanks for responding. I have that role already, I am trying to find the user that has the Atlassian Cloud administrator permissions. This (below is the error I get).

Access denied

You do not have the correct permissions to view the page: App requests

Please request access from your Atlassian Cloud administrator.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events