Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I check if a JSM ticket created an Insight object (Cloud)?

My use case is the following:

1. A customer accesses a Jira Service Management portal and creates a ticket -- a new laptop purchased.

2. An Automation for Jira action then creates a new "Laptop" object in Insight, mapping fields from Jira to object attributes. The custom Jira text field "Serial number" from the Jira ticket is used as the unique "Label" attribute of a laptop object in Insight.

When the customer tries to create a duplicate inventory (a second laptop with the same "Serial number" value), then the object is not created. The problem is that nobody understands that the object was not created (unless they heck the automation rule log, which is impractical).

How can I check if an object was created successfully and report it back to the Jira ticket (say as a comment)?

1 answer

4 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 11, 2022

The way I would do it is to add steps in your automation that searches for the new object, and if it is found, add a comment in the request noting that the object was created.

Hey, @Mikael Sandberg. I was thinking the same, but I cannot figure a way to do a branch on the Insight object created. The option is simply not there. Where can I find it in the interface?

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 12, 2022

Something similar to this should do it. First do the lookup base on the serial number and then use the advanced branching to loop on the returned value from the lookup.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 8.44.53 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

722 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you