cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How delete other organizations?

Elias Federico Bourda Jorge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

Hello community,

I am having the issue that people in the organization are creating sub-organizations without realizing it, and when I try to delete them, I can't because it keeps saying they have products, and until I delete them, it won't let me. How can I delete them and prevent this from happening? Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Elias Federico Bourda Jorge,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You have to be on the Enterprise plan in order to prevent anyone with a managed account to sign up for a new product. For all other product plans your only option is to get notified and then be added as an admin in order to remove the application and then org. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

This might change once Atlassian Guard Premium becomes available.

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2024

Hi, @Elias Federico Bourda Jorge.  Welcome to the community  👋

I understand your problem a little differently than @Mikael Sandberg. But if he's reading your question correctly, you can ignore what I am about to say.

It's also possible that what he said and I will say will help you.

Confused yet? 🤪

~~~~~~~~

First, you must remove the (or some of the) admin. permissions that your users have to create their own organizations.

Then, as far as I know, you'll need to clean up the mess that exists by removing products from each sub-org so that you can then remove the sub-org.

Maybe/hopefully, someone cleverer than me will know an easier way to do that.

I hope this helps,

-dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events