Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we add more options in the reasons dropdown

Muhammad Asad January 22, 2023

I have add further status in a workflow like: Pending, On-Hold - but I also want to add reasons for a particular status.

3.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

@Muhammad Asad -

Welcome to the community.  The field in question is a custom field, so you will need Jira Admin rights to configure custom context of this field.

Here is how -

1) Access Admin (the clog wheel icon located at the upper right of your screen) > Issues > Custom fields.  

2023-01-22_10-35-11.png

2) Select the "Contexts and default value" option from the "..." symbol.

2023-01-22_10-36-57.png

NOTE - If your desired options are for unique project only, then you will need to create new context for the project.  Otherwise, if you just update the existing context, then new options will be applied to all the projects (globally).  Important thing to note, if your unique project is already using the global context, then after you create the project specific context setup, then you will also need to update your existing issues (where Pending reason is populated already) for the specific project to the new context options.  It is because that the internal IDs of the options are not the same even though the wordings may be exactly the same.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Muhammad Asad January 24, 2023

Thank you for this beautiful and detailed description. It took me to exact place where I need to be. :)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As an admin, go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields.  Find "pending reason" in the list, and configure it - the list of options is in the field context.

Muhammad Asad January 24, 2023

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events