Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i link the service desk tickets with Jira software project?

Arpita Ray December 15, 2020

My clients and internal stakeholders input the tickets in the service desk. I want to link these tickets with the Project backlog where my developers are allocated so that we can bring them into the sprint for resolution.

How can i achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2020

Hi @Arpita Ray 

Welcome to the community.

To link a JSM ticket to a software project issue, just simply click "Link issue", select your link type, enter the issuekey for the software project issue and you are done. You can also create the linked issue there by clicking create linked issue.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 12.44.45.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Gökçe

Thanks @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}  for such a quick response! :) 

Can this be automated? The moment the ticket comes into the service desk, can it get reflected on a separate project on JIRA Software

Regards,

Arpita

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2020

Hi,

Creating a new linked issue in a Software project is easy to achieve. You need to go to your JSM project >Settings > Automation and a rule like this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 13.20.17.pngDon't forget to add the "Linked issues" field to create screen of the Software project.

Does this meet your requirements?

BR,

G.

Like # people like this

Thanks!! Will try this out! :) 

@Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} do i need to have admin rights on the JSM to be able to apply the rule?

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
December 15, 2020

I believe you need to be a project administrator in the JSM project or Jira Administrator. You can check whether project admins can set the rules by going to Project>Settings>Automation> Click ... at the top right corner > Global Configuration.

Another thing to note here is that the Automation User should have the necessary permissions for these rules to work properly. You can check the following article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automating-creation-of-service-management-linked-issues-with-other-projects-966054412.html

Cheers,

Gökçe

Mark Toledo September 28, 2021

Hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} , if the issue from JSM is linked to Jira Software, does that mean that when a comment is created in JSM it will also be created in Jira Software? :) 

Krys Prendergast
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2021

@Mark Toledo Sadly not, you can create an automation to have that comment added to the linked ticket.

Like Mark Toledo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events