Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync my JIRA products to see the Scrum Boards features in JIRA Service Management?

Francis Castro March 8, 2022

Hi there! I already have both licenses JIRA Software and JIRA Service Management. I do can see the boards in the JIRA Software, but my understanding is that there is a way to see these features in JIRA Service Management Portal once you got the Software license. However I had been trying to find the the steps to enable or sync this in JSM without success.

Thanks for the guide!!

2 answers

0 votes
Francis Castro March 9, 2022

Hello Joseph! Thank you for your answer! When I go to ""Boards > View all boards > Create board"" my only next options are Scrum Board or Kanban Board >>> Board from an existing project or Board from an existing Saved Filter"".  I cannot see an option to add additional projects to be able to pull data from JSM.

Do you know if there are additional sync. settings required for this ending?

Thanks a lot!

Francis

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

@Francis Castro -

Welcome to the community.  By default, Scrum board mgmt/usage is not for JSM project, because JSM uses "Queue" mgmt on issues.  

However, you can create Scrum boards that pull in content from JSM projects (via Boards > View all boards > Create board) then you add the board URL to your JSM project as a link in the "Project Shortcuts" section.  NOTE - One should not be managing JSM issues via the Scrum board because it defeats the "Queue" management concept.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events