Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restrict a "Request Type" to few external customers

mohan_reddy August 8, 2022

We have request type and multiple domain customers and from that I have a request type which is specific to one domain customer. So, Now I want to restrict that request type to be hidden to all of the other domain customers and only visible to that one particular domain customers. Need a quick support on this. Appreciate your quick response in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

@mohan_reddy -

Welcome to the community.  In JSM, you can control (lockdown on project access) by using "Customers Permissions" to essentially prevent users from seeing the project and its associated requests submission UI via the portal.

2022-08-07_16-22-41.png

However, out of the box, you cannot restrict which service (request submission) are available to your customers in the portal UI.  You will need a third party paid add-on to provide you with the ability to restrict request type visibility for your customers.

Here is an possible add-on that you can take a look, but I am not sure if it can provide this type of control for the CLOUD env yet.  I know it is available for the on-prems (server) env - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing

Lastly, there is an existing outstanding Atlassian enhancement ask for this functionality - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195

Currently, if you want to restrict request types against customers, you will need to create multiple JSM projects and control access within each project.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @mohan_reddy,

This is not possible out-of-the-box, you need to create two separate customer portals or to use an app:

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Ajay Mishra August 8, 2022

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy

what Mohan meant is 

1. There are two issue types (A and B) in the same JSM  project  

2. Tickets with the  Issue type A in Project P should be visible and actionable to              Agents in Group internal-Agents (Company Domain Users) 

3. Tickets with the  Issue type B in Project P should be visible and actionable to               users    in Group External-Agents (Support Partners/Third Party folks) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events