Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have the links as url pasted in the description box?

Murtuza Singapur October 24, 2021

So whenever I paste a link in the description box - the links get converted to an Inline link with the page name, now this becomes a problem when we want to share the same to any external teams for building campaigns, we have to then either left click and change to display url or right click and copy link address and then paste in in the note pad, which is very tedious and redundant work, is there a way where we paste the links in the Description box and it gets pasted as a link only and not get converted to inline links.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Ryan Allen March 31, 2023

Apologies for posting a comment on an old Q&A. Here's how I can do it. CTRL + SHIFT + V appears to disable the inline link conversion.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

Hi @Murtuza Singapur

One option is to disable the wiki rendering for the description in the field configuration  Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-renderers-938847270.html

Now the issue with this, is that for this project you won't be able to use any of the nice formatting tools.

Make sure that you have a field configuration set for this project that is not global.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events