Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an entire field of information exported into a CSV file?

Teresa Demmer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2022

I am attempting to export a group of subtasks into a CSV file.  The description field is not exporting the full description.  Is there a limit to what can be exported?  How can I get the entire field exported into the CSV file?  Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be adjusted?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

@Teresa Demmer What application are you using to open the CSV file?  I know that some applications will truncate fields because they only support so many characters.  If you look at the CSV file in notepad or a similar application is the description still truncated?

Teresa Demmer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2022

Brant...I figured out that the first row of text was underlined and the export didn't like that.  Once I took that formatting out, it worked.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

@Teresa Demmer makes sense CSV files should not have any formatting.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events