Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure services for each projects?

NESTOR CORTES REYES March 8, 2022

I need to know how can I separate the IT services for each project, for example: I have two assistant projects Project Alpha and Project Beta, so I need to show the services Service A1 and Service A2 only for the Project Alpha, and the services Service B1 and Service B2 only for the Service Beta.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

@NESTOR CORTES REYES -

It seems you are asking how to meta-data tag your JSM issues among your JSM projects.  Here are two simple options -

1) Create a custom field (i.e. single select option list type) with two different contexts:  One for Project Alpha with options of Service A1 and Service A2;  One for Project Beta with options of Service B1 and Service B2.  Afterward, add the custom field to your project screens and to your projects request type forms.

2) Create different request type forms (Service A1, Service A2 for Project Alpha) and (Service B1, Service B2 for Project Beta)

Please let me know if this is not what you are asking for.  If so, please provide more details on your question for clarification, then I will be able to assist further.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

NESTOR CORTES REYES March 9, 2022

Hi Joseph, Thank for your help.

Let me show to you an example:

These is one project:

sva.jpg

And these is the other project

transfer.jpg

In bouth shows the same services, so the question is, what can I do to separate that services, in the actual configuration I can see it like a global project, an when a want to used it in a Incident, problem or change template there show all the services:

sva 2.jpg

In my case I have 2 different customers, that is de reason that I configure two assistant projects each one for customer, and a need to have a services for each customer.

Sorry for these inconvenience I hope I have explained better whit this example.

Thanks for you help.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events