Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I allow "Customer" users to see our Jira Discovery project and vote there?

Sheri Larsen May 1, 2023

We are rolling out two new projects - a JSM project to allow our customers to submit tickets and a Discovery project where customers can vote on features.  How can I set up permissions to let the Customer users from JSM see the Discovery project too?

1 answer

0 votes
Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

When you say "Discovery", you are referring to a Jira Product Discovery project here, is that right?

Well, theoretically you would have to set access to your JPD project accordingly - that is, give your customer group. But, before you proceed, please check out this info if you haven't seen it already:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/A-big-update-on-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing-creators-and/ba-p/2304729

Bottom line: JPD is near GA and currently undergoing some heavy changes to access/roles and all that. The linked topic shows a preview of how things will look to external stakeholders, but right now, it's not exactly working like that, just yet.

Consider to post your question in the JPD group, though! Maybe the team or other users can share some more concrete advice.

Hope this helps, yet least somewhat ...

Sheri Larsen May 1, 2023

Yes,  "Discovery"  = "Jira Product Discovery"

Can you elaborate on "Well, theoretically you would have to set access to your JPD project accordingly - that is, give your customer group"?

- How do I set access accordingly?

Thank you for the article.  I will take a look.  We need to roll out Jira Product Discovery before 5/21 when our current vendor subscription ends.

Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

@Sheri LarsenJPD uses team-managed projects. So in the project settings, you can set which users and which groups can access the project, and in which role (contributor or viewer).

The other feature that may relate to your scenario is sharing views. That's via the "Share" button in each view.

However, all this isn't ready yet for you to actually share JPD with external stakeholders. Viewer access come close, but it may not be quite what you want. You should try.

Like Tanguy stated in the linked topic, features for external stakeholder access seem to come only after JPD ends beta and goes GA. I can't say when that will be. But since the JPD team is in "all hands on deck" mode, and also, an announcement at Team 23 was made, I believe it's rather a matter of days or a few weeks at most.

Sheri Larsen May 2, 2023

Yes, of course I tried what you suggest but Customer users from JSU don't appear there in anyway.  That's why I came to the community, Can you elaborate on how to see Customer users from the Discovery Access settings?

Is there any rough idea when the GA release for JPD will be? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events