Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the "Comment" in the JIRA dashboard?

tianchi July 21, 2022

In the JIRA dashboard, I want to add one field in the list to show all the comments and the latest comment. Is it possible and which field should I insert? JIRA.png

3 answers

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2022

Hello @tianchi,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option to display a dynamic field that shows the latest comment, would be our app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira. With our app you can use Jira expressions to create computed custom fields.

In this screenshot you can see the custom expression and and a preview how the field would look like.

This is the expression I used to create this field:

issue.comments.length ? issue.comments[issue.comments.length-1].body.plainText : ""

dynamic-custom-fields-jira_latest-comment-expression.png

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

@tianchi -

Out of the box, it is not possible.  In our env, we used Scriptrunner for Jira (3rd party add-on) to create a custom scripted field "Latest Comment" via custom coding.  Afterward, our users use it for reporting (JQL filter results)/dashboarding.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events