How to get 'Comments' in Dashboard?

Aravind Gopalakrishnan September 14, 2021

Hi, I created a dashboard using the 'Filter Results' gadget. I was looking to add columns to the dashboard from the drop-down menu. However I do not see the 'Comments' as one of the option. Is there a way we can add 'Comments' as one of the columns to represent in the dashboard?

2 answers

4 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

As you have noted Comments is not an option. The reason, I think, for this is that it would result in an undesirable if not unusable result. Comments can include attachments, tables, formatting, and very lengthy text. As well you will have many comments so how would that be presented? Ultimately you could end up with a single issue being displayed on each ‘page’ within a gadget.

One thing I do in some cases is to have a “latest status” field that I require the team to keep current. This is a single line of text that captures the latest status.

0 votes
Adrian Miller November 4, 2021

our team moved away from SIL scripted custom fields that were tied to the last comment script field we used for years in our 2 dimensional gadget. 

We found this free plugin solution and was able to add last comment in a filter gadget on the dashboard.

Here is the gadget we are currently using and has been beneficial.

Simple Last Comment for Jira

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Note that this addon is not available for Cloud or Data Center.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events