Hide internal portals from external users

Penny Dutson January 21, 2022

Currently we have a Help Centre (portal or Portal) page containing multiple portals all of which are visible to any internal staff accessing and posting via the portal.  We now want to roll out portals to support external client and customers (who will not be preloaded into Jira so need to be public) but dont want them to see these internal portals or vice versa.  Is it possible to have multiple Help Centres for different audiences?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Édpo César
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2022

Hi, @Penny Dutson 

Let me start off by saying that you have only one Help Center per instance, BUT every project has your own permission module. So it's possible block the permission from external clients to see your internal portals, but I believe that the opposite is not possible since some of your projects will be public.

To change your portal permissions check it out this this Article.

If my answer helped, please mark it as accepted.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

Hi @Penny Dutson 

Remove browse projects permission for external users, they will not be able to see the project in the portal!!

Let me know if you have any further queries

Thanks,

Pramodh

Natasha Richardson September 20, 2023

What is the external role to remove from Browse? I only see these but isnt the Service Project Customer - Portal Access needed for internal users?

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 9.09.40 AM.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events