Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a project from the Customer Portal

Gui Ávila May 5, 2021

Hello!

How can we hide a project from the customer portal? We'll send the link for the request form, but the project should not appear in the portal. Our clients use the portal to search for answers in knowledge base and can open a support ticket with us. The HR project is a JSM project, and should not appear in the portal for our clients (it just does not make sense).

Please, is there a workaround for this? Maybe using custom CSS, or any other idea?

Thanks!

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi, @Gui Ávila !

You just can remove permission "Browse project" - Customize Jira Service Management permissions :

The permissions for customers must be granted to the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type, not the Service Desk Customers role. The Portal Access security type lets customers access the customer portal, but not Jira. The security type reads the role to determine who are customers.

• Create Issues (Customers can create requests and view requests they have submitted via the customer portal)
  • Browse Projects (Customers can access the project in the customer portal)
  • Add Comments (Customers can comment on their requests.)
  • Create Attachments (Customers can add attachments to their requests)
  • Assign Issue (This permission is mandatory for the Assignee field to work. The Assignee field is an optional hidden field and it automatically channels issues to certain team members.)

But I'm not sure that direct link to the request form wil continue to work.

Gui Ávila May 11, 2021

Thank you very much @Alexander Bondarev . I did not know about that! Thanks!

Gui Ávila June 8, 2021

@Alexander Bondarev  But then the link for the request form does not work for anonymous access even if the "customer permission" is set to "everyone on the web" https://prnt.sc/14rrp7l

So how can we hide a project from the portal, but make the link to the request form work for anonymous users?

Thanks!

Like REG23 likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021
Gui Ávila May 11, 2021

@Vero Rivas Thank you!

Like Vero Rivas likes this
2 votes
Timo Fitzner March 1, 2023

I was recently looking for a solution to this myself and by surprise, I found a solution. At least for JSM CLoud. 

Just open your Portal URL -> click on customize -> Edit Homepage layout.

From there you can hide unused Portals. 

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2023

Yep, this works for me too.

James Caradoc-Davies January 10, 2024

Sorted! Thanks!

0 votes
Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2023

I was able to hide the unwanted projects from the web portal by modify the page.

I listed the steps i this post....

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-do-I-remove-portal-setting-from-a-JSM-project/qaq-p/2462348#U2462510

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events