Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a filter

JayJuan Jones August 16, 2022

how can I set up a filter to check if the reporter field has the same value/text as one of my customfields? I need this to filter out certain issues

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

hi @JayJuan Jones , you cannot compare Fields with OOTB JQL. One possible solution would be to leverage automation. Automation does provide the ability to compare fields. To that end, you could construct a rule that you could run manually. This rule could check for conditions where the reporter matches your custom field and if found then an action could add a label. Following this manual action you could use JQL to find issues that did not include that label. This is just one possible idea that you could look into.

JayJuan Jones August 17, 2022

that's a good idea, do you have any examples? When I go to automation and look for my customfield, it is not giving me an option to select my customfield. Am I looking in the correct area?

reporter field.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @JayJuan Jones , 

used the advanced field compare. example below...

2022-08-17_11-05-30.jpg

JayJuan Jones August 17, 2022

that almost worked, but the reporter is being returned like this:

qm:f64841d3-9dd9-4d47-b4c9-4aa723459311:63ad5fd8-7597-4181-89c6-ead7c07dbd10

instead of the actual name, any more ideas?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events