Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed on Email requests, "Connect a custom email account".

Lavanya June 28, 2021

Our company mail is under gmail, but with company's domain name ( xxx@company-name.com), so now under Email requests, "Connect a custom email account", if I plugin my company's mail id under gmail, it is not working. When I chose, "Other", it asks for Mail server, Protocol and Port.. Can I get help with these inputs..?? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

Hi @Lavanya

assuming this is the documentation you followed:

it reads Gmail/Google can be used but it looks there are several extra steps needed, you are right.

If you’re using Gmail, you'll need to set up 2-Step Verification and an App Password with your Google account. Then enter your App Password in the Password field.

Just to make sure we are seeing the same - is it the documentation you followed or was it this one?

For usage in Service Management projects the first one mentioned would be recommended.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lavanya June 30, 2021

Ok, I found the problem.. The question I posted above has nothing to do with "gmail" or "others". The problem is that gmail does not allow Jira to access its mail server. 

I post this answer here just for people who face the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events