Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA Compliance Jira Service Management

Brooklyn Trumpy February 21, 2021

I see road map items for confluence and software for meeting HIPAA and signing BAA's, but nothing for Jira Service Management, which is where most health care organizations would actually need HIPAA protections. Is this an intended next step?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michelle Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2022

Hey @Brooklyn Trumpy,

I'm Michelle, the Product Manager who’s been looking after Jira Service Management’s Customer Notifications and Compliance/Regulation features. We're currently working towards HIPAA compliance for Jira Service Management and have rolled out a feature this week that will help you meet your organization’s compliance needs and protect your and your customers' data!

Announcing safe customer notifications in Jira Service Management as a building block for compliance and privacy needs 

I'd love for you to try out our feature and give us early feedback on the user experience as we work towards meeting HIPAA and signing BAAs in the coming months. 😊

Brooklyn Trumpy May 18, 2022

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to be early adopters and help ensure HIPAA compliance for the future. Please feel free to reach out to me at btrumpy@chsofwi.org. 

Thanks,

Brooklyn

Like Michelle Tan likes this
Michelle Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2022

Awesome, that's fantastic to hear! I'll definitely be in contact with you next week 😊

Kelly Bly January 9, 2023

Hello, can you please tell me if Jira Service Management is now Hipaa compliant for Enterprise license?  The roadmap said Q'4 2022.  Thank you.

Ben Blanchard January 9, 2023

I too would like to know if it HIPAA compliant. Thanks, @Kelly Bly for checking. 

Michelle Tan
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2023

Hi @Kelly Bly @Ben Blanchard  ,

We sure are! We just announced HIPAA compliance for JSM Enterprise Customers early in the new year, for more details see here.

Cheers,

Michelle

Ben Blanchard January 13, 2023

Thank you, Michelle. We're excited to hear the news. 

0 votes
Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2023
0 votes
Ben Blanchard October 28, 2021

I too would like to know the answer to this question. 

Brooklyn Trumpy October 28, 2021

I got the answer elsewhere - which is yes, but with no timeline for implementation....

Michelle Tan
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2023

Hi @Brooklyn Trumpy

I'm not sure if you got my email but I just wanted to ensure you know Jira Service Management is now HIPAA compliant!

Cheers,

Michelle

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events