Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

External app import intermittently skips data chunks

Hello community,

I set up an external app configuration to import user and group objects (custom object types) from our ID management system (IdM). IdM sends one data chunk for user object type and one data chunk for group object type (currently max 250KB per chunk). Several imports finished successfully.

Later, import service in Insight skipped processing some chunks intermittently (for example, IdM sent 10 users in a chunk and 2 groups, Insight reported 0 user and 2 groups in the input in the results) but did not throw any errors during the upload or in the final summary. As the result, the object were deleted from Insight. If I retried the import with the same data input a moment later, all the users were imported just fine. I am not able to reproduce the issue consistently, it just happens sometimes.

As a workaround, I set the missing object threshold value to 2, so the objects are not deleted right away.

Has anyone encountered this kind of issues?

Are there any limits on the import data chunk size/insight connection?

Are there any detailed logs for an import run available?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

376 views 3 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you