Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External System Import and Ticket notifications

chris_green October 5, 2023

I'm testing out the use of the External System Import to import historical ticket data from an old system to Jira Service Management. I found one community thread related to turning off the 'Issue Created' notification for our internal agents, however it looks like notifications still get sent out to the email address associated to the 'Reporter' of the imported tickets, which is probably related to Customer notification settings. In fact, I tested this theory by reports of my end users reporting they received notifications for these old/imported tickets. 

So my question is, do I need to just turn off the 'Request created' and 'Request resolved' customer notifications before doing the import? 

1 answer

2 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

Hi @chris_green ,

A couple of options.

1. If you are doing this after hours, you can disable outgoing e-mail notification till you complete the import.
  2. Add an temp empty notification scheme to the project. Complete the import. Then add the default notification scheme or another customize one.
  3. Since this is JSM, look into the customer notification area as well.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events