Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Customer Phone Numbers

Cason White March 1, 2023

I am in the process of switching from another service desk solution.  We have internal employees, but also external customers that contact our IT Service Desk.  Employees are easily handled through Jira accounts and can easily be contacted through MS Teams.  External Customers are more difficult. We want to be able to call them on the phone to talk through there issues and offer personal support.  Is there a way in JSM Cloud to store a phone number with a customer account? 

We have the contact information in another system, so is it possible to run a nightly import CSV to capture any changes?

Not being able to store a phone number could be a deal breaker as we don't want to make our external customers have to jump through hoops to get support.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2023

Hi @Cason White ,

Using native Jira Service Management options, setting a phone (or any other property) to a customer is impossible. If you're on Premium or Enterprise, you can use Assets. But it's not available for Standard plans (and I see that you tagged that you use a Standard plan).

If you're open to using any apps, I can recommend you our Customer and Organization Management. This app allows you to store information about customers and organizations. Service agents or customers themselves can provide them. It's also the possibility o easily import data into our app from another service - using CSV file.

This app is free for up to 10 users. You can install this app and try what it offers. I hope it helps your company.

Kate

Cason White March 2, 2023

Thank You,  I will give this a shot!

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
Cason White March 7, 2023

@Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_  In your FAQ section it shows that importing via CSV is currently only available via workaround where your team imports the Data.  I would need a nightly import to update any new or updated external customers.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

@Cason White I see a mistake in our FAQ 😱 I'm immediately assigning a task to correct it by our technical writer.

You can import it using a CSV file - here s the documentation: https://docs.appsvio.com/customer-details/import-export/import-from-csv 

Btw, I saw your message on LiveChat. We would like to help you :) You need to open a LiveChat again or send us a ticket: click.

Edit: All info in the FAQ has been updated!

0 votes
Michelle Bergin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2023

Hello, is there a possibility that external customers can add their phone number to their profile? 

0 votes
Victor - New Verve Consulting March 7, 2023

Hi Cason,

Another rudimentary method is to store the information in Confluence.

If you are looking for another choice of app, you might also want to consider Crumbs which you can use to store phone numbers against organizations in JSM.

Hope this helps :)

Victor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events