cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Jira attachments and some fields to csv file

Kyle And Maya Vukmirovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2024

Hi everyone,

I would like to export the data, files, and all fields from Jira to a CSV file. I used the "Export Excel CSV (all fields)" option, but I’m missing some files and a few field values that I can see in the Jira issues. ex is there is no indication if the comment is internal note or reply the customer.

Can someone help me. Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2024

@Kyle And Maya Vukmirovic -

As far as I know, the CSV export via the search UI in JSM doesn't provide you with distinction of either the comments are internal or public.  In addition, attachments are not included in the out-of-the-box CSV export result.  Unless there are something new that Manoj knows about this process.

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support for further assistance (https://support.atlassian.com).

Sorry, 

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

0 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2024

Hi @Kyle And Maya Vukmirovic welcome to the community! 

When you export a csv then all internal comments are marked ;Internal Access; so there must be a way to tell JSM anything with that is Internal Only and everything else is Comment for Customers. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2024

@Manoj Gangwar -

Is this something new in the UI.  Based on my experience, there seems to be no distinction of internal/public comments in the CSV export from the search UI.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events