Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in JIRA smart value documentation (typo)

janez hribar April 13, 2023

Here are some possible typos:

1) chartAt paragraph:  it seems the example
   {{issue.summary.charAt(7)}} -> W  
   is wrong. 
   Character W is in string "Hello World!" at position 6 (index is zero based)

2) similar errors are found at lastIndexOf paragraph

3) equalsIgnoreCase  paragraph: equals method is used in the example.

4) reverse() paragraph: the example has probably an error in result string

Source:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-text-fields/

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

Hi @janez hribar 

Thanks for reporting this.  I have created an internal ticket to have someone from the automation documentation team review this page.  In my own testing I found a few errors with the current documentation.  I expect it might take a few days to update and correct this, but I will try to update this thread once I see that this document has been corrected.

Cheers,

Andy

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @janez hribar good catch! I don't think anyone from Atlassian saw this post yet.  I created a Support ticket to clarify the document and fix any typos.

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

The documentation is incorrect.  I've submitted a ticket for Jira Support to correct this.

They will be making the necessary changes.

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2023

They tested reverse() and couldn't see any errors in the result string.  The other 3 issues will be corrected.  You are correct, the index is 0 based so the results are off by 1.  If this resolves the issue, could you possibly mark it as answered?  Thx.

janez hribar April 18, 2023

Please fix reverse() errors in the documentation:
a) starting { character is missing in mustache expression,
b) "Hello World!" > reverse() > "!dlroW olleH"  ("!dlroW elloH" is wrong).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events