Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications format for a single customer

Emmanuel F-D August 25, 2021

Hi 

I'm an admin of a project in Jira, I would like to know if is there a way to change the Email notifications format to txt for just one customer, a specific customer (who doesnt have an account) but can send ticket to our Jira. This customer is on the "customer list" so he his able to send request but I want to change Email notifications format to text only.

Is there a way to do it that just applied to this precise customer? Do I need to be Jira Global Admin to do it?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2021

Not OOTB. Basically you need a different email handler. You could consider an app such as JETI or JEMH. Check the marketplace for more information on these apps.

I understand, I have asked because it was a request from the client if they was a way to do it.
Thanks @Jack Brickey 

@Jack Brickey do you have any guide for JETI or JEMH that I can follow to implement that option.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2021

Not in detail.

I use JETI and know that you can create email templates and them associate a template within a Notification Scheme. In the notification scheme you can specify the recipients. So in a fact you build a notification scheme specifically for this one customer and that scheme has a specific template. I'm 99% sure your goal as possible with JETI based on what I have set up myself.

You can access the documentation via their website which you can find in the marketplace.

Like # people like this

@Jack Brickey Great, I will look at it. Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2021

One thing to keep in mind when adding a separate email handler is that it will come with more complexities; often flexibility equals complexity. This will be especially true if you mix Atlassian's email handler with JETI. For example in this one project since you want to have a unique notification to a single customer then you need to disable the Atlassian customer notifications and replace them with JETI notifications.

To be honest doing this to satisfy a single customer is a bit excessive in my opinion.

Like Emmanuel F-D likes this

I have ask the question only to know if it was possible inside Jira main options.

yes for sure is excessive, I'm going to let thing like this.

Thanks for the help @Jack Brickey 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2021

@Emmanuel F-D -

I agreed with @Jack Brickey

Even with a different email handler, it will be not recommended for just one customer in my opinion.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events