Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification stop working

Sergiu Gutiu October 18, 2022

Hello

The email notification for issues stop working after years of perfect running 

can you please check on you end csiromaniahelpdesk.atlassian.net

We receive the new request in the application but no notification on email

Thank you  

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2022

Hi, I found that our SMTP received the following bounce message:

550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser t2-20020a170902d14200b0017c4cacee92si1456237plt.570 - gsmtp

This was at the timestamp of 2022-10-14T06:23:22.000Z

I have cleared the suppressions from our side for your email address.  Try it now, you should now be able to receive notifications and invites once more.  If not, please let us know,

Andy

Sergiu Gutiu October 20, 2022

Hello Andy,

The clear did the trick :) , now is working fine

Thank you 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Hi @Sergiu Gutiu and welcome to the community,

Having said that, we can't really check anything on your instance. This is a community. If you are not using the free plan, and you are using a paid plan, then the best approach would be to raise a request directly to Atlassian support.atlassian.com/support.

If you are using a free plan, the community is all you get :)

So you have to be more detailed about what exactly seems to be the problem. What do you mean the "email notification for issues stopped working"? Is this just for you, or for all users? What kind of checks did you perform that we should know about? Did you use the notification helper already? Under what actions you don't receive any notifications? Are you working on TMP or CMP? 

Sergiu Gutiu October 19, 2022

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the response and yes i have the free version :) 

and i think i have the same issues as this link

i will check the paid version :) 

Thank you https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Some-users-not-receiving-email-notification/qaq-p/1772563 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events