Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Replies Not Truncating for Some

Kurtis November 28, 2023

I'm having an issue with email replies not truncating content when a person replies to a notification. 

For example, If I add an issue comment in the portal, my boss will reply to the notification email via Outlook, and it will include everything under his reply. This includes the comment I made. 

It almost looks like the "Reply above this Line" isn't in the notification. So, the logic doesn't have anything to base the truncation on. Can anyone offer any insight on this and how I can resolve the issue? 

Screenshot 2023-11-28 132250.png

1 answer

0 votes
leer-anofsinger January 4, 2024

Did you ever figure this out Kurtis?  It seems like even though our  emails have the "reply above this line" text, Jira seems to be ignoring that and its really inflating the size of our comments.

image.png

Kurtis January 4, 2024

Unfortunately I have not. 

I believe this is due to poorly configured signatures. Anyone with super basic signatures configured don't have this issue. Anyone with tables and images in their signature jacks up the ticket. 

My goal is to implement a signature platform in our company that will omit the signature when the email is going to the ticket system. 

I feel like I'm playing a game of whack-a-mole if I just keep focusing on fixing signatures and Jira. 

leer-anofsinger January 5, 2024

Kurtis - I started a support ticket with Atlassian.  JST-951434

Like Kurtis likes this
leer-anofsinger January 8, 2024

They said this is a known issue -  you should go here and report your business is also affected:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12256

Like Kurtis likes this
Kurtis January 8, 2024

Awesome! I joined that dogpile.

German Rodriguez March 29, 2024

@Kurtis @leer-anofsinger 

I was having the same issue in my cloud instance of Jira Service Management. 

I have recently noticed that Jira is now trimming the email replies correctly even when their signatures contain images.

I haven't pin pointed the day it started working, but it's within the past week or two.

I also noticed that I now have the new search screen.
Introducing the new issue search to Jira Cloud users 

Jeff Schuyler April 15, 2024

Issue still exists within our cloud instance of JSM.  That ticket that was raised by @leer-anofsinger no longer exists or is inaccessible to me.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Kurtis April 15, 2024

We also are still having issues with signatures being inlcuded in tickets and comments. 

leer-anofsinger April 15, 2024

Oops, meant to reply to this comment thread - still seems to be affecting us as well and the workaround is a bit dodgy. I can see this issue still though today:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12256 

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events