Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications - Not always being received for some events

Adam Bosen November 18, 2020

Hi, 

We've recently deployed JSM Cloud for our organisation, and we're having issues with email notifications on issue events. Permissions/Notifications Schemes and user profile settings have all been checked. Using multiple test issues, email notifications seem to work sometimes, and not others. I've tested the notifications helper, everything appears to be working, and yet, users are in some cases not receiving notifications. 

Any thoughts on this topic?

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Adam,

So the users that are having issues are not agents?

Adam Bosen November 22, 2020

Hi Brant, 

Issue appears to be affecting users that are agents (i.e. Service Desk Team). Notifications appear to be very hit and miss, i.e. sometimes issue created, sometimes not. Sometimes issue updated, sometimes not. 

I've tested removing users from customer organisations, this does not appear to resolve the issue. 

Thanks & Regards, 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Adam,

On the issues do they all have a set request type?  Are the same users not receiving emails or is it random?  Are you using your own email server?

Adam Bosen November 19, 2020

Hi Brant, 

- Yes, all issues have a set request type

- receiving email notifications seems to be random, some users receive, some do not. 

- yes, we have our own mail server, and have traced incoming mail from atlassian to determine whether its getting stuck, and can see its simply not being sent from this project in some instances. Only project with this issue mind you, all other projects are fine, I've even set the notifications scheme to be default across 7 projects, this is the main service desk, and its the one suffering from the problem. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

Adam,

So the same users from a specific project are not being notified.  Is there any correlation with those users?  Are the users Agents or have access to the project and happen to be customers also?

Adam Bosen November 19, 2020

Hi Brant, 

Normal user setup is the following:

- Service Desk Team

- Customer (for portal access)

Reason for this is; request types are the entry point, i.e. via portal. A lot of automation / logic / dynamic forms / queues built on the request types. Users had a habit of using the create button in service desk hence bypassing automation/dynamic forms, so this was breaking the service desk. So I removed the Service Desk Team from Create permissions (in all projects, for clarity), and added all users as customers under our organization. 

Thanks & Regards, 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events