Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail puller fetching

Artur Eley November 7, 2022

Can the e-mail puller be configured in such a way that e-mails are deleted or moved to another folder after fetching from mail inbox? There is a connection to an office365 user.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

@Artur Eley The delivered email handler in JSM cannot be configured to do this.  Since you are using an O365 account you can easily put a mailbox rule in place that runs when the email message has been read.  You could move it to another folder or delete it.  I would suggest not moving it and then using a different rule to delete it after 30 days or longer.  This would allow you to have a period if you needed to troubleshoot any email problems.  

Artur Eley November 9, 2022

Hello Brant, I tried to create a server based rule. But this doesn't seem to be working. After the E-Mail is picked up, it changes to read but is not copied or moved.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

@Artur Eley how is the rule setup?  What is the logic?

Artur Eley November 11, 2022

Hi Brant, I have created two server-based rules. The first creates a copy of the incoming mail in a second folder (also works). The second rule is to move the email. In the German client, the setting is "Message identifier is read" (Nachrichtenkennzeichen ist Gelesen).

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

@Artur Eley I would suggest having a rule that runs daily or every few hours that moves read messages.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events