Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have to register/purchase licenses for end-users to access Service Portal?

Gloria Tucker July 28, 2022

We are a small company and have the free version of Atlassian Service Manager. We would like our end-users to be able to submit their issues through the portal.  Is it as simple as providing a URL, or do we need to do something else to let Jira know they are our users?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Hi @Gloria Tucker , welcome to the community!

I am not familiar with Atlassian service manager. Are you possibly referring to Jira Service Management (JSM). Assuming so Customers are unlicensed (free) users that can open requests and monitor the progress as well as communicate with licensed agents. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

This article might be useful - add-and-remove-customers 

Gloria Tucker July 28, 2022

Thank you for your answer and link. Yes, I was referring to Jira Service Management.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2022

Do you have further questions?

Gloria Tucker July 29, 2022

@Jack Brickey - I do not. Just finished the JSM course, Moving on to another. I was able to add our corporation and all my users to the project yesterday! Baby steps.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2022

@Gloria Tucker -

Welcome to the community.  In addition to what stated by @Jack Brickey , only the users (we called the "AGENTS") who are handling the issues reported by the customers are required JSM license.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Gloria Tucker July 29, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin Thank you, that is a good to know.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events