Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable notification on some status transitions

Hubert Bartkowiak October 4, 2022

Can I in JSM disable e-mail notification for some transitions between statuses? Or to mark some statuses as not visible for customer? 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Hi Hubert,

Can you be more specific? There are some things out of the box they can see and get notifications about. But you should be able to manage at least the notifications. I am not sure about that statuses. However, you can give the name of the status a different name if you are trying to mask something. 

Hubert Bartkowiak October 6, 2022

Currently, and per standard, user reporting the issue, or approver, is notified about each change of the status from the workflow. 

What I mean I would like to exclude some status from this. 

For example, my workflow is:

First Response -> Triage -> In progress -> QC -> Done

My customers complain that they only message about First Response, In Progress, Done. Are not intereseted in Triage or QC as those are mine internal statuses, not releven to them.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2022

Thank you.

I see this as possible solution:

it is possible to hide specific workflow statuses to the customers. Take a look at the documentation :

A transition between two workflow statuses can be hidden to the customer by giving them the same status name.

Where "by giving them the same status name" means to do it in the "Request types" -> "Edit fields" -> "Workflow statuses" configuration, not in the workflow itself.

But will it change the number of e-mail notifications too? Or just issues' log entries?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Correct - it would be in the Request Types - not the workflow itself. It should change the notifications, too, if it is hidden. Do you a quick test once set up to see. 

Like Hubert Bartkowiak likes this

It seems my screen is pretty different than expected... (
Is for different product than JSM? 

request_types.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin