Deep clone does not clone custom fields

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

Hello, 

We have a requirement in one of our Service projects to clone a ticket when a very specific option is selected from a list of Actions.

With each action there is a deep clone post condition. in which is creates a clone of that ticket in a software project board. 

The issue we have found is despite using the correct copy functions not all fields are being cloned so valuable information is being missed. 

Attached is a screenshot of the deep clone set up, could anyone advise why the some custom fields may not be cloned. Is it because the field need to exist in both boards?

deep clone post condition.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

This is fixed now. I have found the answer 

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Mihir Ruparelia,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

I am happy to hear that you were able to solve your issue.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us directly, if you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone for Jira. We're always happy to help.

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2022

@Marlene Kegel - codefortynine many thanks for the help. 

1 vote
Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2022

I resolved this by adding the same fields in to the software project, so when the ticket was cloned all of the fields and its information copied over as expected. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events