Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datacenter licence - Using the same licence in 2 differents servers

assia_lemsyeh March 21, 2022

I want to know if I purchase a datacenter licence for JSM or confluence and I have a clustred architecture in my datacenter ( I'll have to use JSM and confluence in more than one machine to have the high availability ), I'll be obliged to purchase a licence for each server in the cluster or I can use the same licence in one machine at time?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi @assia_lemsyeh ,

welcome to Atlassian community!

Your data center license is valid for all nodes in your cluster. Take a look here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/adding-and-removing-data-center-nodes-659783919.html

Your Data Center license is based on the number of users in your cluster, rather than the number of nodes. This means you can add and remove nodes from your Data Center cluster at any time. 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Answer accepted
assia_lemsyeh March 30, 2022

Thank you for your help!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

You're welcome @assia_lemsyeh . Please mark answers as accepted in order to close this thread

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, you only need one DC licence - it's for the whole system, not per node in the cluster.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events