Data is not refreshed automatically in Power bi

Faten.Kutbi August 13, 2022

Dears, 

I'm facing an issue which is the Jira data is not refreshed directly in power bi dashboards and I should go every time to the dashboard in power bi and refresh it manually. 

how could this problem be solved? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dmytro Kvashenko {DOIT-BI} August 14, 2022

Hi @Faten.Kutbi ,

You need to set up an automatic refresh schedule in Power BI.
You can find how to make all the settings correctly by following the instructions below.

https://top-power-tableau.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TPBCFJC/pages/280101150/How+to+configure+Schedule+Refresh+in+Power+BI+Service

https://top-power-tableau.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TPBCFJC/pages/632258627/How+to+set+up+scheduled+refresh+in+Power+BI+Report+Server

To refresh data quickly and without errors, you can use the Microsoft Power BI Connector from DOIT-BI.

If you have any additional questions, then we can write to us at support@doit-bi.com and we will help you make all the settings correctly

Best regards,
Demi

1 vote
Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Hello @Faten.Kutbi 

Refresh in Power BI  is not run automatically and can be configured on your side, while its frequency depends on your Power BI package, for example, for Premium subscription you can schedule a refresh every half an hour. 

In practice, users schedule automated refresh to have all data at hand when they need it, for example, every morning at 07:00 am. Thus, when you start work at 08:00 or 09:00 you have all your reports fresh and actual. 

Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to schedule a refresh for your convenience: https://aserve.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PBCFJC/pages/1333624841/Real-time+Jira+reporting+and+scheduled+refresh 

Good luck! :)

Anna from Alpha Serve

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

How are you connecting Jira to Power-bi?  What are the connector settings and how often is it set up to scrape Jira?

Faten.Kutbi August 14, 2022

through Microsoft power bi connector from Bita

I didn't go through any settings I just select the needed fields 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2022

I can't find a connector associated with "Bita", could you point us to it in the marketplace?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events