Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards permissions

Alejandra González October 29, 2021

Hi,

Im creating different dashboards for a specific project. After creating it, there's an option of "sharing" it. If I edit that option by giving edition and view permissions to an specific project + specific role, why can't administrators of that project can see it?

I attach image of the specific fields. Despite selecting specific project + role, the administrators of that project still can't view it.

Another thing happening is that I can't add both permissions at the same time: viewer + editor.

Basically, im creating the dashboards for specific teams, and I want administrators to be able to view them.

Thank you in advance, Alejandra

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 18.14.54.png

4 answers

2 votes
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

@Alejandra González Why don't you build the dashboard and change the owner to some specific user of the project?

Alejandra González November 10, 2021

hi @Carlos Faddul 

How can I do that? it doesn't show any results when trying to select a specific user.

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

@Alejandra González the viewer rules to dashboards in jira only allows viewer to

1. Project - Any user in specific projects in jira (here you can use the project roles)
  2. Group - Any user in group of jira (then you can select any group created in jira)
  3. My Organization - Any logged in user in your instance
  4. Public - Anyone on the internet. No sign-in required 
  5. Private - only you can see this dashboards

Since you are a site-admin, you can create a specific group, with yourself and this other person. After creating the group you can use option 2 of permissions, since this is a workaround.

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as Accepted Accepted, so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Alejandra González November 11, 2021

Hi @Carlos Faddul 

I used the first option, by giving permission to administrators under a specific project, but they still can't see it. Do you know why?

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

@Alejandra González do you already use the "Permission Helper"?

You can use to validate permissions in specific issues/projects, the permission is the "Browse Project"

Captura de tela 2021-11-11 091525.png

Alejandra González November 11, 2021

hi @Carlos Faddul 

Administrators do have browse project permissions and thats the role im giving permission to the dashboards.

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

@Alejandra González can you login by user as site-admin ?

Sometimes I have users here at the company who have a little difficulty using jira.

Thuan Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2022

Hi @Alejandra González 

Besides adding projects / groups to "Viewers". The users, who want to see the shared dashboards & filters, need to be in groups that are in one of the groups in the "Share dashboards and filters" permission.

You can add group to "Share dashboards and filters" by going to Settings > System > Global permissions

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.55.15 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.54.32 pm.png

Thanks,

Thuan.

0 votes
phalgun_reddy May 24, 2023

Hi Community 
@Alejandra González @Vance Collins @Carlos Faddul @Thuan Nguyen 

I tried to grant permission to dashboard for a user group which was created by me
The problem is the group is not showing up in the groups drop down 

Kindly help 

Thuan Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi @phalgun_reddy 

You need to be in that group. You won't be able to see that group if you are not in that group, although you created it.

If you are an admin, please add yourself into the group. If you are not admin, then you may want to ask an admin to add you into the group.

Thanks.

It worked
Thanks @Thuan Nguyen 

Thuan Nguyen
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2023

No worries. Glad to hear it worked for you.

Dear @Thuan Nguyen 
Could you please let me know if you have any idea
Is there a way to export  the report of the releases done in a period of time?

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Vance Collins June 23, 2022

I am a site admin and I am having the same problem. I choose the group or user to share a dashboard with and click save. Jira gives me the "updated successfully" message but when I check, it still only shows Private. I made sure that at least four of the groups I am in (and the person I am sharing with) have the "share dashboards" permission assigned.

0 votes
Alejandra González November 10, 2021

hi @Carlos Faddul 

How can I do that? it doesn't show any results when trying to select a specific user.

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

@Alejandra González , do you have issue security level in some projects ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events