Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard settings

Abdi Dahir October 8, 2022

Hi,

I created a dashboard containing tickets that i would like to document and build a knowledge base articles. I am pulling the tickets from Jira service portal using a label field and other fields like "assignee" and "components" and so on. I am also tagging the tickets to agents for documentation. 

Now, i would like to add a column to track the completion of the documentation. A field that says "Done" or "Documented" after documentation completed. 

Is there a custom field or gadget that satisfies this requirement?

Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2022

@Abdi Dahir , Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use the "Status" field and add the "Done" and "Documented" status to your workflow.

Then when the tickets assume this status in the workflow, the gadget will be updated and will display "Done" or "Documented".

Otherwise, you could use more labels or a custom field select list with these two values and then assign them to tickets to display them on the dashboard.

Hope this helps. If you're thinking another thing to do this, let us know and maybe we can help you.

Abdi Dahir October 11, 2022

Hi @Fernando Eugênio da Silva 

Thanks a lot for the answer. much appreciate it!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2022

Hi @Abdi Dahir ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

My suggestion is to manage that change as port of your worklow. As post processing, you want that an agent will create a documentation for a specific ticket. In my mind this is part of your ticket workflow.

If you don't want to do that, you can simply add a new field like a select list to your ticket that agent should populate after completing the documentation.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Abdi Dahir October 11, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Thank you for welcoming me to the Atlassian community!

As i'm still learning more about Jira software, could you please point me on how to add new field to a selected list of tickets that agent should populate after completing the documentation? 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events