Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers getting updates through email but only see black dots

Deepankar Malhan November 9, 2022

We have a service management project set up with default email communication settings. Whenever there is an update to a ticket, the customer gets an email as expected. But the email contains black dots instead of the actual comment put in by a service agent. The customer has to click on the link underneath in the default email that gets sent out to view the comment. I have tried to look into our settings and we are using the comment variable in the email template (hasn't been changed, it's the default email template that comes with the project). What can be the next steps to figure out why the value is not being populated by an actual comment put in by the agent and is rather still sending black dots to the customer?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2022

Hi @Deepankar Malhan 

Would that be possible for you to get a screenshot of the Jira email notification that your user received and the actual comment added by the agent in Jira/Portal?

Thank you,

Marini

Deepankar Malhan November 17, 2022

The comment through Jira's "reply to customer" is: "And this one is scheduled for Tuesday @ 2 PM! I also RT’d Aaron’s quote tweet of your tweet to get some promo going in advance. Let me know if you have questions or concerns!" along with a image file attached to the comment.

The customer email is attached to this comment. Let me know what you think @Marini Marini image (1).png

Hyon Lim November 22, 2022

Did you solve this issue?

Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2022

Hi @Deepankar Malhan @Hyon Lim 

You can find the answer to your issue at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/JSD-email-notification-task-comments-shows-as-hidden/qaq-p/2070488. Basically, one of your Jira Admins has enabled JSM's Compliance setting. Disabling that option will solve your issue. However, I would recommend first finding out if enabling that feature is part of your company policy.

Thank you,

Marini

Like Deepankar Malhan likes this
Deepankar Malhan November 22, 2022

That worked, thank you for the help!

0 votes
Hyon Lim November 22, 2022

Same here. Only dots.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN