Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer's response to ticket not ending up in Jira

Johanna Vehkanen January 25, 2023

Hi,

we are using Jira Service Management so that customers email us and tickets get created. We do not use the portal. Sometimes we create the ticket and are the ones who send a message first.

Which settings are incorrect as this happens?

I add a customer via Customers > Add customers function, meaning, I add their email to the list of customers.

I then create a ticket, add this new person as the reporter and send them a message using Reply to customer.

When the customer replies, their reply does not end up in Jira as a comment in the issue.

Thank you,
Johanna

2 answers

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

HI @Johanna Vehkanen 

Customer notification are based on Request Types that must be associated so the customer will receive emails and also be able to check the request under the portal.

Without this, when customer sends an email without any issue key associated, this will cause a new ticket being opened. 

0 votes
Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

Heya @Johanna Vehkanen ,

From what I understand, your customers are already added to the portal so it doesn't seem to be a user account issue. I'd suggest reviewing the project permissions for adding a comment to see if the  "Service desk customer - Portal Access" has been associated to that permission! 

I hope this helps and let me know if not! 

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

Johanna Vehkanen January 25, 2023

Hi @Ashley Hudson 

Thanks for your reply. These are the permissions, they seem to be in order.

permissions.png

The problem does not seem to occur when a new customer emails us and is thus automatically added as a customer. It occurs when I add them manually.

Best,
Johanna

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events