Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer replies to ticket emails not appearing in ticket

tyamaguchi October 30, 2022

Hi - my issue sounds similar to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customer-replies-to-ticket-emails-not-appearing-in-ticket/qaq-p/1807735.

It occurs intermittently, not for all of our external Customers. Most recently, one of them replied to an existing ticket through the copy they received with  jira@myCompanyOrg.atlassian.net but it did not show up as external comment in it.

From: <my customer's email address... who also is the ticket Reporter>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 10:18 AM.   <- Japan time
To: <the ticket assignee>
Cc: jira@myCompanyOrg.atlassian.net
Subject: RE: [the ticket number]

The same customer's reply was posted without any problem when they replied back in September for the same ticket. 

Please advise how we can prevent this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2022

@tyamaguchi -

Welcome to the community.  I believe the problem may lies in the TO: address.  Typically, the TO: address is your company's JSM address.

Can you clarify what do you mean by "an existing ticket through the copy they received"?  A copy of the original email?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

tyamaguchi October 30, 2022

Hi Joseph - 

Right... jira@myCompanyOrg.atlassian.net should have been set to To, not CC. I suspect my customer manually swapped the two which caused the problem. 

>>"an existing ticket through the copy they received"

I meant, through the original email copy they received from jira@myCompanyOrg.atlassian.net. If they reply then the correct address should have been set under To, but most likely they moved it to CC without understanding the impact.

I am going to check with my team but we can deem this case as Resolved. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events