Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal showing statuses in 2 languages

Caleb TeBokkel April 12, 2023

When a language other than English is selected for the user account in the customer portal, the status drop down displays the entire list of statuses in both languages. I am looking to only show a single list of statuses. 

2023-04-12 09_37_53-Requests - Jira Service Management.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Caleb TeBokkel ,

Am I correct in assuming you are using both English and Dutch statuses in your workflows. If so, I would like to suggest to migrate all statuses to the same language. That would make maintenance much easier.

There is a possibility to translate workflow statuses. Please check out this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/translating-the-workflow-statuses-1188786331.html

But i'm afraid that in your case, this will cause statuses to be displayed double. Ex. if you now use both "Gereed" and "Done" as end-statuses, and in your translations, you translate "Done" to "Gereed", the "Gereed" status will probably appear twice in the list (I have not tested this myself).

Best regards,

Kris

Caleb TeBokkel April 17, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter !

I am only using English statuses in the workflows, but there are customers who change the language of the Customer Portal with the default available options available in the profile. It appears Jira is automatically translating the statuses when you select a non-English language in the highlighted area of the screenshot. I do not have any status translations configured in the project settings.

Portal Language Selection.png

Thank you!

Caleb

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Caleb TeBokkel ,

I did some testing on my own cloud environment and i seem to experience the same issue as you have.

My workflows are all in English, and when i switch to a non-english language in my profile, I can see a mix of English and non-English statuses in the portal.

Adding a translation for the specific language seems to fix the problem however. So I would like to suggest to make sure your portal supports both English and Dutch, and make sure all translations are available.

However, this will not present the customer to select another language in his/her profile (ex. French), which will cause the same issues again. There does not seem to be a way to limit the language selection in the profile.

Best regards,

Kris

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Hi @Caleb TeBokkel ,

I hope my answer has helped you in resolving your issue. If so, you can help other Community members by accepting my answer.

Best regards,

Kris

Caleb TeBokkel May 4, 2023

Is it possible for me to accept only the most recent comment as the correct answer? It looks like I can only accept the thread @Kris Dewachter 

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

Hi @Caleb TeBokkel ,

No problem. You can just accept the thread.

Thanks and best regards,

Kris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events