cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal creation using scripts/automation in different Jira projects

Ninad Desai October 4, 2021

Hi Team,

[Didn't find any REST API's around customer portal creation, so asking here]

I created a separate JIRA project and created a customer portal (with custom fields designed)  in Jira service desk cloud manually.

Now I want to repeat this activity in automated way:

( Creation of new Jira project -->creation of new customer portal with custom webUI/custom fields).

Was thinking if there is infrastructure as a code option available like using terraform etc tool to create such portal in one click in JIRA service desk or if there are any REST API's available using which we can create customer portal quickly.

If this is not possible at all then is there a way to copy customer portal from one Jira project to any new JIRA projects?

2 answers

2 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Ninad Desai 

Intresting ! 

Usually you would have limited number of JSM projects & Jira Projects within your organization. Can you please explain the use-case for Project creation automation ?

Both JSM & Jira provides custom templates to get started. Also you could borrow configurations from previously created Projects such as Workflows & Screens.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi @Ajay _view26_ ,

Thanks for the quick turnaround. 

My use case is I want to create a separate customer portal for separate clients/seperate group of users/organisation, from where client would be able to raise their requests.

(The reason I want to create separate Jira projects and separate customer portal in it; is to have separation of concerns, where one client should not see the data of other clients in custom fields of portal)

I am going for this idea to create separate JSM projects for separate client based in the inputs I received from:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Display-only-selective-values-from-custom-field-dropdown-to-all/qaq-p/1818780#M88575

Hope this makes sense.

Can I borrow customer portal as it is in some or other way from one JSM project to other.
OR
Is there a way to make customer portal from one JSM project to be made available as custom templates for other JSM project creation.

If yes, could you help me with documentation links to those API's that can be used or any other reference material

Regards,
Ninad

Hello @Ajay _view26_ / @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- /Community,

Can someone please advise on this quest based on above-provided information.

Regards,
Ninad

1 vote
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Ninad Desai 

To answer you question

Is there a way to make customer portal from one JSM project to be made available as custom templates for other JSM project creation. - 

When creating a JSM project select the - share settings with an existing project .

Selecting this option will share all the Project configuration which you had performed ( Screen customizations, Custom Issue/Request Type, custom fields etc )  for the new project.Screenshot 2021-10-05 114128.jpg

Regards

Ajay

Ninad Desai October 5, 2021

okay thanks @Ajay _view26_ . Let me try this one.

Meanwhile, there is no way/REST-API etc available to do it in scripted way right? I mean custom customer portal creation? 

I want to automate the entire process of customer portal creation in a kind of one-click way. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events