Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer access per portal

Kevin Gérard May 17, 2024

Hi there! 

I'm currently setting up a couple of new Service desk projects. 

Untill now, we've used a single customer faced service desk, using Organizations & Customers to grant access. 

In first instance, this needs to be updated with an additional servicedesk (contract management & order placement). 

Here's the snag. 

When i add an organization on the new servicedesk, it automatically adds all customers from that organization. However, i want to decide for each organization, which members are allowed on the new service desk portal. 

when this is implemented succesfully, i'm planning to apply this structure on at least one more service desk.

Is there a way to implement this? 

FYI, i've set up Assets as a CMS system, which is now set up to assign organizations & customers to different service desks, Automation will handle this for me. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Gérard June 4, 2024

Hi Readers, 

I've applyed it as following. 

Each Portal is represented by a GROUP 

This group is added to the project with the 'customer' role. 

The Project permissions is also updated: "Browse project" permission is restricted to this group. rather than the default available .

• Service Project Customer - Portal Access  is replaced by the portal specific group. 

Thanks to using Assets as CMS system, i can add an attribute that represents the project/portal. By Assigning this to a customer, i can add the organization to all projects, but restrict on customer level which portal is visible to them. 

It takes some playing with the Automation & API, but it works well enough. 

Downside to this system is i am now required to create Atlassian Accounts instead of portal only accounts.  (as portal only accounts are not assignable to groups)

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

Hi @Kevin Gérard , 

You should create new organizations. A customer can be part of both.

So you will have:

• Customer1
  • Customer1_Contract_Managment

The second one will use for the new JSM project.

Good luck

Kevin Gérard May 22, 2024

I was hoping to avoid this, 
Again, our aim is to add a couple more service desk projects. Maintaining seperate organization per project will make my current setup much more complex...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events