Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal

Stephanie Donnelly November 1, 2022

Does anyone know if there is a way to track if someone opens a ticket on the portal but does not contribute to the ticket i.e. opens but doesn't make an event change. 

We have a project whereby we are raising tickets to notify our customers of an issue that we require them to fix.  Our automation sends an email with a link to the portal notifying them of the ticket details.  The concern we have is that although the customer is receiving the notification and may potentially view the ticket details in the portal, they aren't actually actioning it.  

What we'd like to track is if and when the ticket is viewed but not modified.

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

Hi @Stephanie Donnelly - Jira doesn't have a mechanism for tracking whether an issue has been viewed, but I'd question why this is important to track?  For example...

• User A viewed the ticket and forgot about it
  • User B never clicked the link

The end result is the same - the desired action was never taken.  I would recommend reporting against whether the user took action, whether that be a customer-facing transition or adding a comment.  Both of these are something tangible that you can either report against or establish automation against.

Stephanie Donnelly November 1, 2022

To give a bit of context, we are using the system to create tickets where we identify an issue in our Dealer Management System i.e. where a record has been invoiced incorrectly that results in an invoice adjustment needing to be made.  Ideally, we would like these resolved the same day we create and notify the customer of the discrepancy.  In many instances they are picked up quickly, although there are a few occasions where the ticket has left open in the relevant status but no actions are carried by the branch.

This is causing a concern for a member of my team as they would like to track if the customer namely a Branch opens the ticket, views the ticket details but closes the ticket down without adding a comment or taking note of the details essentially leaving it for someone else to deal with.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

You've also got the problem that "issue view" is unclear.  For a simple customer, with no Jira access, then yes, looking at a request is definitely a view.  But I know of customers who "look" at issues via search, using external reporting or feeds, or even just reading an email.

You can't actually track "view" with any accuracy for this purpose.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events