Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal JSM

Shazna Begum _Shaz_ April 11, 2023

Hi, I just want to know if there are better ways for the JSM portal to better display information. From an admins perspective, it is great.

I want to see what the customer sees on their side through the portal (please can you tell me how I do this)

I want to know if there is a better way for them to see the message and upload attachments as the layout is very minimal and unclear for our customer's usage.

They just want to view all tickets clearly and update them as needed and I want to see what they see on their side, please.

3 answers

1 vote
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hello @Shazna Begum _Shaz_ 

If you want to see the portal as a customer, I suggest you add a portal-only account with a private email address and use that account in another browser or incognito/inPrivate tab.

You can create a portal-only account by opening your service management project > Go to Customers > Add Customers

The default view is minimal, but you can modify the request types so that the customer can enter additional information. If you want, you can also attach a form that the customer can fill in.

It might help to add labels, make some fields required (just be sure you aren't also using the request type for your email channel), or add additional fields to help the customer provide the information you need to help the customer.

Using a third party like Refined or K15t allows you to customize the portal a lot more. However, you will lose the integration with JSM (no more linking of KB articles from the issue view), you cannot use forms, and customers that need to sign up for your portal need to jump through hoops to enter the correct portal. 

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

With your Atlassian account, you can get to the portal. I use it all the time to see what my changes look like from the customer's perspective.  I also created an external account that uses the Portal Authentication for the same purpose.  You can assign your login as a customer for multiple organizations if you want to see specific issues for that Organization.  

My Portal page is setup so they can add attachments to issues directly from the portal.  

I'm trying to avoid using Third Party apps with our JSM system to avoid the extra cost.  

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Shazna Begum _Shaz_ 

Out of the box you can't configure the customer's view. You may consider using a 3rd party app "Refined" to change the portal view.

Shazna Begum _Shaz_ January 23, 2024

this link does not work unfortunately

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events