Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Incident Comms via Jira

Asim Malik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2023

Does anybody have any experience or suggestions regarding using Jira to manage customer incident communications, for example can Jira be integrated with Salesforce, Gmail or MailChimp

The goal is that once we have an incident ticket created, we can email customers letting them know they are affected in a more automated manner, currently we have to manually send out comms

If anybody has any ideas on this, it would be greatly appriciated, if there's functionality in Jira to email customers customized incident comms etc or if we can link/integrate elsewhere

3 answers

1 vote
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2023

Hi @Asim Malik ,

I am Dhiren, one of the Solution Engineers working at Exalate.

If you are looking to integrate Jira Incidents with Salesforce Cases then I would highly recommend you to try out Exalate.

Exalate uses a decentralized approach for integration, meaning each side can independently share and receive the information that they want to!

You can easily automate the process of creating tickets in Salesforce (from Jira) by creating Triggers.

Also, the Groovy scripting engine provided by Exalate offers you a lot of customizations and flexibility.

Do let me know if you want to know more about the solution.

Thanks, Dhiren

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2023

Hi @Asim Malik 

How are you identifying those customers who are impacted by an incident?

There's a few options I can think of from within the Atlassian ecosystem...

• Use Statuspage to communicate with users
  • Send an email using Automation, if the customers are identified from within Jira with user data that can be utilised in the rule

Outside of this, it should be possible to send a notification to Salesforce or similar, using an API/web hook - but it depends what you want it to "do"

I'd also check out this help page potentially

Ste

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2023

@Asim Malik , hi. If you're open to exploring external help check out ZigiOps in the Atlassian marketplace. It's a fully no-code , 100% safe (none of the transferred data is saved) and easily customizable. The ZigiOps integration platform connects Jira-Salesforce bi-directionally, automates data transfer (tickets, incidents, issues) and keeps them in sync in real-time. Feel free to explore it and even try it yourself via the Free Trial option.

Regards, Diana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events