Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field inside form is semi showing data

Rachel Ang July 11, 2022

What I wanted in my form:

I created a custom date field in forms called incident date as I want to pull this out into custom jira report to generate a report based on when an issue is being highlighted out. We are not able to use the default created date due to the flow of the coy. 

What I want to see:

The inputted date to be shown in issue list and report.

What was shown:

Inside the ticket where the form is shown, the field "Incident Date" is set however, it is not showing out on report or on the queue in the issue list. I am only able to see dates that are set in July but dates before that are not showing.

I hope that this issue can be fixed as it is affecting reports. 

To add on, I have tried editing the form and saving it to latest date inside the ticket but it still isn't showing. Is there an issue with the fields after creation on an old form? (I edited the form to add in new fields last week (1st July), issues created last month when the form was first created, the incident date is not working.)

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

@Rachel Ang -

Welcome to the community.  You don't need a form to populate your custom field first of all.  There are other ways where you can set the field value (i.e. Automation for Jira rule).  

Can you provide more details on your questions (i.e. field is not showing up in the queue and your reports)?  Example - For Queue, you can add your custom field as a display queue column etc..

Looking forward to assist you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Rachel Ang July 13, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

Initially I created a form for an incident report with fields

• description
  • summary
  • reported by
  • platform reported from
  • incident date 

my user created 10 cases and input the dates. afterwards, we had a meeting and realised the form was still lacking in some fields and I updated it. I did not touch the initial fields created. user then created 3 more cases with the updated form. however, the dates from the old form are not showing. only the new ones are. 

• description
  • summary
  • reported by
  • platform reported from

these fields are still showing up in the queue list just not incident date. hence I would like to know is there a bug in such case?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

So, did you created a new form or simply modified the existing form (just added the new fields)?

Modifying your form will not impact your existing issues + the new issues created using the modified form would still have the old fields reference.

Best, Joseph

Rachel Ang July 13, 2022

I simply modified the existing form but somehow the incident date was affected even though I did not touch is when I modify the form

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

@Rachel Ang -

You may want to reach out to Atlassian Support and let them know of this issue, so they can confirm if it is indeed a bug associated with FORM or not.  (https://support.atlassian.com)

Best, Joseph

Like Rachel Ang likes this
0 votes
Rachel Ang July 12, 2022

Workabout for this issue: 

1. Go back to the affected jira ticket
  2. Add form 
  3. Set the date in the new form
  4. Click save 

Refresh of report and list, custom field date will appear.

Seems like creating a ticket using the old form and make changes to the exisiting form will break the query

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events