Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields missing past week or so

Joe W. November 27, 2023

Hi, 

I have a few automations based on some custom fields, and I have noticed during the past week that 2 of them are now missing and failing my automations. 

The first one is in a project tickets Personal Data field in the issue at hand, the second one is in the Details sidebar (Customer),

image.png

Here is my example for Customer-field.

This is the edit I have had that has been working great:

image.png

But now ... it is not working anymore, and the data-text custom field name is gone.

image.png

What am i missing, and why has this recently happen?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2023

Hi @Joe W. 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide more details on your automation rules (screenshots).

- Full rule details

- errors the rule is giving

Is domain a custom field? 

Does the field with ID still exist< and is it on your screen, has it been removed from a field configuration, has the context of the CF field changed?

A lot could have happened.

The more information you can provide will help guide community members to solve your issue.

Joe W. November 28, 2023

Hi @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

Domain is a smart value created in the rule.

No changes have been done to the CF from anyone in the org.
But previously you could see the CF name in the "data-textid"-class, but this is not the case anymore, and I can't seem to find out why.

The error given is this:

image.png

This is the Rule:

image.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2023

Hi @Joe W. 

The issue lies with the field Customer.

Is that field still available on the project?

So look at:

• Custom Field context
  • Is the custom field ID still correct?
  • Field Configuration
  • Field Configuration Scheme
Joe W. November 28, 2023

Customer is in CP-screens, is set to Global, but I see that it is not applied to one of my projects (2 out of 3), and I cannot add my project that is missing (were the issues is happening), this might be it? But why would this happen out of the blue? 

image.png

The customer field seems to be the same, shown as the following in 2 different views "EditCustomField!default.jspa?id=11119" and "ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=11119".

It is present under Field Config:image.png

image.png

image.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2023

Hi @Joe W. 

I suspect that you have Team managed and Company managed projects in your instance.

Make sure all your projects are company managed if you want to make use of shared configuration items.

Joe W. November 28, 2023

Yes I do, and the issue is presenting in the Team-managed one, this is the preferred type.
Merging to a company-managed type is not an option.

What might be another solution for this? Creating another customer custom field for the team-managed project? How come this is a recent issue, it has been working fine before?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2023

Hi @Joe W. 

If you want to have a uniform setup in relation to action on multiple projects the Company Managed projects are the way to go.

Team managed projects are containers, no configuration set in these projects or automation rules setup to multiple projects can be used.

I can't tell you, that it worked fine before.

Then I would suggest to raise an issue at Atlassian Support, they have access to the backend of your system and can view logs.

Like Joe W. likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events