Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custmize the system field issue type

Afifa October 14, 2022

Hi , I have a list of issue types. There´s one type that i want to create only via the  customer portal. I don´t want it to appear in the issueType field when i want to create an issue in the service desk.

Is it possible to do  it with the configuration of system field issue type or there are other ways?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

@Afifa -

In JSM portal, it only list the Request Types that you setup for issue creation.  Each request type is based on an issue type.  

When customer creates issues in the portal, they will only select from the available Request Type and he/she will not know what are the underlying issue types associated with the Request type.

All you need to do is to configure a Request Type setup associated with the specific issue type in your JSM project.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Afifa October 17, 2022

Hello Joseph

Maybe I didn´t myself clearly . I added the issue type to the custom portal and to the service desk without problem . I want the user to be able to create this specific issue type only via customer portal but he ca edit it after that in the service desk.

How do I prevent the creation of this specific type  via service desk?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events