Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating the Service Management project i can see option is "Share Settings with an existing project

Sreenadh November 18, 2022

Hi,

Once i start to create a Service management project i can see option is

Share settings with an existing project.

if i select the check box and select any existing project will all the configuration changes(workflows, Screens, screen schemas, Notifications, notifications schemas etc. ) will copy from the exiting project to new project?

Is it Yes/No please suggest me the same.

1.PNG

If Not what is the main usage of "Share settings with an existing project"

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh ,

Yes. New project will be created using existing projects schemes. i.e. Workflows, permissions, notification, permissions and screens. 

Please note: When you modify the schemes/workflow in one project, change will be applied in another project also which uses the same schemes. 

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed

Thanks for the help.

1. Will it be all the configuration changes can we capture from all one project to another?

2. But my requirement I have 2 projects

Project A (Dev)

Project B (Prod)

If i want to perform changes in Dev then i want to modify the changes in the another Project B (Prod).

But i don't want to modifications from Prod to Dev

It should be Dev to Prod?

Thanks,

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh ,

1. No. Projects that share configuration share 

• issue types
  • workflows
  • screens
  • fields
  • permissions
  • notifications

Components, users, automation, version etc. will not be used from existing project

2. If the projects are already created and not with shared config, then modify each project. It wont affect one another. 

I am facing the issue while creating the project with

"Share settings with an existing project"

Please find the below screenshot

8.PNG

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

hi @Sreenadh 

Logout, login back and select the template same as the existing project template and retry. 

Sure.

Hi,

Still i am facing the same kind of issue please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

3.PNG

Even i have tried with the different browser as well still the same issue which i am facing now.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events