cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Versions and updating in Assets

Michał Tkaczuk June 18, 2024

Hello everyone,

I have the following needs:

• When Version is created then create Asset object and assign this object into Assets custom field;
  • If Version is changed then change Assets custom field;

Unfortunately, I am not able to find right automation rules. The biggest blocker is query for Fix Version and main trigger, because sometimes Jira doesn't allow to create automation with specific conditions. 

The first case, I think the biggest issue is query for Name. Here should be inserted Fix version name. I tried few queries, e.g. {{issue.Fix Version}}, {FixVersion}}, {{issue.Fix Version.name}}. Would be grateful for some tips. If some modifications should be implemented into trigger, please share details.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 112000.png

The next case concerns other value in Fix Version. Then I would like to update Asset custom field value. What query should be used? I tried implement queries above. Name is main Assets field.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 095714.png

1 answer

0 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

Hello @Michał Tkaczuk 

For the first case, I think the smart value, {{issue.fixVersions.name}}, can help help you.

As for the second, I understand that there are 2 fields, one if the Fix Version and the second is the Asset type, which needs to be updated if the Fix Version field is updated.

If this is the case, then we can assign the value based on the Fix Version.

Hope this helps!!

--GG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events